Whatever you are today is the outcome of your problems, strengths, habits and level of self-esteem. In every age, from birth to infant and child to adolescent, you have met distinct challenges. If the people around you raised you in a natural and healthy way, you will turn out into a well-balanced and strong individual. However, if your youthful experiences are filled with traumas and problems, these past incidents will extremely affect the way you are today. To understand this topic, you have to understand the concept of inner child.
Inner child is your friendly, joyful, emotional, feeling, playful, excitable, and feeling side. This condition varies depending on your mood and energy level. Sometimes, you will feel indifferent depending on the current situations of your outer life. Similar with outer child, your inner child is normally happy, blissful and adventurous. Inner child is also known as the lower third of an extensive model of the human psyche called “Three Selves”.
Psychology experts claimed that inner child is the human’s childlike aspect. It includes everything what you have learned and experienced as a kid before puberty. This inner child signifies a semi-independent unit that subordinates to your conscious mind. Learning on how to discover your inner child allows you to experience a happy and balance life. For your guide on how to find out your inner child, simply take the following as your guide:
- Stop Restricting Your Actions – Always consider how impulsive you are now compared to your childhood. Instead of ignoring, try to listen to the voice that tells you to try something new. It is also best to change your current schedule for one week.
- Use Your Imagination – Always allow yourself to be imaginative, both in your actions and thinking. You also need to find creative activities that can kindle your imaginations.
- Take Time to Laugh and Smile – Everyone has a problem in life. But, it doesn’t mean that you have a reason to smile. Find some activities to make your life more interesting and exciting. Depending on your choice, you can play with children, listen to your favorite music or watch hilarious movies.
- Engage your World Using Your Senses – Simply recall how the world seemed brighter. It means that you should take time to appreciate the smell and colors of the things around you. You also need to enjoy the foods, fabrics and a lot more.
Exploring How to Heal Your Inner Child
Professional psychologists have always had the complete understandings about human mind. These thinkers have revolutionized and give various contributions. One of the best psychologists in the world is Carl Jung. To know him and his great contributions, simply read the succeeding paragraphs as your reference.
Carl Gustav Jung, also known as C.G. Jung, was a Swiss psychotherapist and psychiatrist. He was born on July 26, 1875 in Kesswi. On June 6, 1961, he died after having a short illness. With his experiences and wide studies, he proposed and improved the concepts of introversion and extroversion. He also gave wide ides about collective unconscious and archetypes. His work plays a huge role in psychiatry and in the study of philosophy, religion, archeology, literature and other related fields. Compared to other psychiatrists, he is known for his work with the development of the psyche and personality types.
He believes that the human psyche was divided into two distinct parts – the conscious and unconscious mind. The conscious mind as the tip of the iceberg and beneath it holding massive structure of unconscious mind. Later in his days, he define four psychological functions – the thoughts, intuition, feelings and sensations. This is the foundation of many psychological works that we may use as a tool of self discovery. The popular personality test MBTI is one example of it.
According to Carl Jung, the core of the human psyche should not be measured the individual’s ego. He claims that the center is the SELF. It means that it contains more than the conscious content. The SELF is the conclusion of the human psyche after developing their psychological functions. Based on his studies and knowledge, the main dream symbols that appear in human’s dream are:
- The Persona – This is the character that the person presents to the world. The person would reflect their social position, profession and standing.
- The Anima – This is the representation of a perfect type of man for a woman. It is an idol, but can represent a true person of the human’s environment.
- The Shadow – This is the human psyche part that is undeveloped. The shadow contains both negative and positive characteristics, depending on someone’s personal development.
But above all, Carl Jung is the originator of the idea in his Divine Child archetype. In fact, Emmet Fox called it as the “Wonder Child”. He also founded a school of psychotherapy called Jungian psychology and analytical psychology. In the next section we will discuss the application of this method.
The emotional wounds you have suffered in your childhood may develop with time. As time passes by, you will become emotionally susceptible and dysfunctional adults. This is the reason why you have to live the past. If not, you will never find the real happiness and contentment in your lives. However, treating inner child is not too fast and easy. For your guide, here are the different steps you may follow to heal your shattered inner child:
Step 1: Earn the Trust of Your Inner Child
To heal your wounded inner child, you have to develop a trust. It means that your inner child needs to trust you. Your inner child should understand that you are there to protect and nurture it.
Step 2: Hold his extreme pain
Like a frightened child, you have to help your inner child to fight and move on. Try to understand the grief of your inner child and learn to embrace it. After embracing the pains of your inner child, you are one step ahead for great healing.
Step 3: Take Away Your Anger
Though it is natural to be angry, it doesn’t mean that you have to be mad at all times. Through forgiving, you have a chance to heal your inner child. Forgiveness takes a huge deal of love and care for others.
Step 4: Fight the Loneliness
This is also one way of treating your wrecked inner child. Make sure that your inner child feels accepted and recognizes his true self. You have to help him to drive away the guilt and dishonor out of him.
As you heal your inner child, you have a chance to improve your spiritual emotional freedom. Your deep spiritual connection affects all other areas of your life. Compared before, you will become more at peace with yourself. You will also feel more joy and become more energized. In addition, you will begin to alter your ideas on some undoubted things.
It says that everything comes from a single source and that is the Great Universal Spirit. It means that everything is unified to work in the harmony. This can manifest the Divine Plan. Therefore, developing your spirituality causes you to become more aware to all your connections. How can you deepen your spiritual connection? To do this, you have to follow the succeeding tips and procedures:
- Plan a Routine – To deepen your spiritual connection, you need to create a plan. You also need to quiet your mind through releasing your own ideas. You also need to listen for the inspiration of the Spirit.
- Enhance Your Listening Skills – To improve your listening skills, don’t forget to listen to the sound of your heartbeat. Just pay attention to the sounds around you. Then, follow what your heart and mind say.
- Embrace the Spirit Energy – While doing this, you are opening the flow and developing the skills of awareness to the inner voice. This can help in making decisions at the right place and at the right time. It can also help on attracting the people you need and make synchronicity in your life.
Most experts claimed that inner child affects the life of every individual. Most of them claimed that inner child influences the following:
- Human’s Thoughts, Imagery and Perceptions – The inner child always interprets your present world. Depending on your past life, you will act rightfully or not. Your inner child also adds viewpoints into your adult outlook, especially when it comes to love, relationship and self-esteem.
- Human’s Emotions and Other Energy Tones – Say for instance, if you were hurt due to excessive criticism by your friends or parents, your inner child still fears the same type of criticism. During your adulthood, this fear might be revived.
- Human’s Action – Depending on your inner child, you may act strangely or not. Your actions may also affect your future success. It is also up to you on how you overcome your every day challenge or situation.
Since inner child really affects your life, you have to heal it right away. Depending on your choice, you can seek help from other experts or not. If you prefer to seek assistance from psychiatrist, make sure that you are familiar with their backgrounds. You also need to understand how they really work. Aside from getting their assistance, you can also use inner child medication books. These books are available in various shops online. You just need to pick the best one. If you don’t know where to find them, simply read various reviews and ask feedbacks from various users.
After healing your inner child, you don’t have to worry about. You can start living in an effective and healthy way. You will also feel that your friends and parents really love you the way you do. In addition, you don’t have to worry about your future. You have a concrete goal on how to achieve your goals.
Through healing your inner child, you will also learn how to value the efforts of other people. You will also learn how to forgive and forget. The power of inner child reflects on what you are right now. This is the reason why you have to heal your inner child, especially when you have a worst past experience.
As observed, understanding the concept of inner child and its exact medications is not a complicated task. With this guide, you have a chance to improve your life. So, start treating your inner child now! Then, see how it changes your perception and vision in life now!