Numerology is defined in various ways, and it depends on the culture or tradition of the person that defines it. However, there is one thing that you should know about numerology—if you want to examine your life or want to figure out the next event in your life, numerology is one of the best tools you can use.
It also presents a whole picture which reveals all your personality’s diverse parts and on how they can be combined to form your personality today. With the help of numerology, you will be able to bring out your hidden strengths.
In numerology, every letter in the alphabet has an equivalent number. In Hebrew, it is called gematria. According to some books about numerology, associating numbers to letters is an old method and many historians believe that this method is a great way to know the things behind one’s name or personality.
Based on various resources about numerology, the equivalent number of letters may vary, and it depends on the tradition they follow. Oftentimes, many people count the letters in the alphabet, and they add all the digits together to obtain a number which would represent the letter. Several people also consider that numerology is the forefather of mathematics, which makes it analogous to the study of astronomy, astrology, chemistry, or alchemy.
However, how accurate is numerology? Why do some people believe in it? Is it beneficial or tells the truth about you? Numerology is quite complicated for some. It is natural for you to have questions in your mind, but once you have understood everything about it, you will know how it works and how numbers are calculated.
The whole concept of numerology started when Pythagoras, the father of geometry, connect everything to numbers. He even stated that each person has its own specific personality and unique vibration. Pythagoras is also the one who divided the soul of human to nine types, and these numbers are still used in the modern society.
Numerology is concerned on nothing but numbers. It mainly concentrates on the numbers 1 to 9 in which some numbers is reduced. In numerology, zero is not considered as a number. It adds nothing to any digits. The number 10 exists as number one’s composite.
Each person has several numbers which can work as codes. If these numbers were deciphered, you will learn about destiny, karma, spiritual, emotional, and personality influences. You will even discover why there are people who get on your nerves and how you can figure it out.
The birth number is said to be the number which reveals the natural abilities and powers. It is typically used to indicate the career choices. To calculate the birth number, the birth date is used. For instance, if a person was born on the 11th of March 1958, the birth number of a person is 1. The calculation of the given birth date is as follows:
1 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 9 + 5 + 8 = 28 (The number 3 in this calculation denotes the month of March)
Since 28 is a composite number, it should be broken down to 8 + 2 = 10. Again, 10 is a composite number and it should be broken down to 0 + 1 = 1. The birth number is 1. But what does the number one means?
Meanings of Number 1 to 9 in Birth Number
- This number means that the person is independent and strong-willed. You can be either sensitive and generous or domineering and jealous.
- Gentle and sympathetic. You are understanding by nature and a good diplomat. You are also creative, but often place love before work.
- Happy and charming, creative and energetic. You are also work realistically and ambitious to reach your goals.
- Straightforward and practical. You will achieve your goals through a good mixture of stubbornness, practicality, caution, and dedication.
- Temperamental and lively. You need variety and action. Life is like an adventure, and you will need stimulation.
- Reliable, artistic, and caring. You enjoy everything in life. You are protective and may be too trusting.
- Intelligent and quiet. You love sense of order and beauty. You don’t like authority and loneliness.
- Successful and charming. You can be passionate and dynamic, yet very spiritual.
- Tolerant and down to earth. Often keeps your feelings hidden and you need to focus on your sensitive nature and has a strong emotion.
The destiny number, on the contrary, shows the purpose of your life, the opportunities that are present and how they can be achieved with the use of your maximum potential. When calculating destiny number, every letter in your birth name is converted into a number. Then, they are all added together with birth number until it becomes a single number.
Since letters run in ascending form in the alphabet, you will convert the letters by using numbers 1 to 9 only. After the number 9, you need to go back again to number 1. To calculate the destiny number, you must know the corresponding numbers of every letter in your birth name, then add them all.
Meanings of Number 1 to 9 in Destiny Number
- Your skills can make your ideal to run a business. If you are a parent, your kids will always help others. A person with a destiny number 1 may be demanding and you enjoy holiday activities.
- You will be interested to enter politics because of you are prudent in nature. You also love nest-building and want to be surrounded by your whole family. As a lover, you will shower your parents with smothering and affection. You typically enjoy and life traditional family holidays.
- You like travelling and a work which involves travelling. For you, life is more fun with your kids and you love praising them for their achievements. The number 3 lover is charming, but a flirt one. You enjoy parties and holidays with your friends.
- You are organized and methodical. Yet, you love to work in stimulating and creative environment including an advertising agency, design or architecture. You’ll be a steadying influence on kids. As a lover, the number four is always faithful. You enjoy sightseeing holidays and love culture.
- A great communicator. Like to travel, but not fond of routine. That is why your children is always treated to midnight fun and feasts. The number five lover finds it difficult to settle down. He or she enjoys holidays in any place that is unusual.
- You are caring in nature and fond of working in a health field. As a parent, you are caring and nurturing. You are also ready to listen to your kids’ problems. Number six lover is loving and faithful. You also love holidays with wine and good food.
- You use your creative interests and skills in decision-making in your job. If you are a parent, you are sensitive, wise and always guide your kids. The number 7 lover is a sexy partner and irresistible. You also love to have big family outings.
- You are successful in the world of business. You are also ambitious and have to balance work and home perfectly. The number eight lover is often busy to put time into their relationships. People with destiny number 8 do not love holidays.
- You are a good person. That is why PR is always perfect for you. As a father or mother, you are loaded with enthusiasm and like to keep his or her kids active and occupied. A lover with a destiny number of 9 is not good at one-to-one relationship. Always seeks for various holiday locations.
For those who have heard numerology for the first time, you must bear in mind that it is not a way for you to know your future. No one knows their future. Even numbers can’t predict them. The only thing you need to do is create your destiny and concentrate on what you want to achieve in life. If you will apply the meanings of birth number and expression number on your life, make sure that you will use them wisely. The meanings of those numbers don’t suggest you to believe. The decision is still yours. If you think that it has a huge contribution to your life, then consider them. However, if you think that it would just ruin your plan in life, don’t apply it to your daily life and just use it as your guide because it can serve as your guide in anything that you do.
Overall, numerology is an interesting study which you may take into consideration, especially if you are searching for answers and you want to be more prepared with your future career life. Remember, numerology can serve as your guide. If you have knowledge about it, use it to benefit other people. Don’t overuse or abuse your power and knowledge because they might ruin your life in the future and may be the cause of your failure in the end. So, use numerology with caution and wisely.